Tuesday, September 20, 2011

cIty lIghts

People have said change is impossible. Don't try to ever change a person because it won't happen. The last point they may be right, cant make others change, but you can change you.
I was reading over my older blogs, and I had to smile to myself.

I'm not the same person I was a year ago. Nothing major has contributed to this, I'm just done living to please others. Now this may seem rude, crude, or selfish...it's not. It's finally realizing wow I've reached 29 and haven't lived for me. I've ben so consumed with everyone, their thoughts, opinions, and how my actions will affect them.

It's like a light went off.

I'm the one unhappy. I've been trying to help others reach their dreams and have put mine on the back burner. Those are also the same ppl who are chronically unhappy and never can be pleased.

My dreams? ....I've started a side knitting and photo business. Loving the ability to express my creativity that I have. Also wanting to run a marathon by next spring ;) I'm stoked.

My biggest change, taking those out of my life who are draining and judging me at every turn. I love the live and let live. Just because it's impossible for you to achieve, doesn't men it is for me.

Simply put...i want to be happy, and those around me to be uplifting and encouraging. Others need not to apply. I am done with doom abd gloom. Too much life to live so sadly. And I can't fix it for you.
So I've taken some drastic steps to remove said ppl from my life. It send a bit scary and maybe hurtful, but then I look at it like if I didn't remove them, I too would be suffocating right along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment